Illinois (20-8, 7-7) @ No. 7 Michigan (22-4, 9-4)
Sunday, Feb. 24, Noon - Ann Arbor, Mich. - Crisler Center (12,693)
ESPN (Announcers: Bob Wischusen, Dan Dakich)
Notes (from Michigan sports info):
• Michigan's 22-4 record is the second-best start to a season in
• Michigan's 9-4 Big Ten record matches its record from a year
ago. U-M went on to win four of its last five games and claim a share of its first Big Ten title in 26 years.
• After suffering its first back-to-back losses in the last two regular
seasons against Wisconsin and Michigan State, U-M bounced back with a 79-71 defeat Penn State last time out.
• Michigan's four losses have come via road games, with three coming at the hands of nationally ranked programs -- No. 15 Ohio State (56-53, Jan. 13), No. 3 Indiana (81-73, Feb. 2) and No. 8 Michigan State (75-52, Feb. 12). U-M's other was at Wisconsin (65-62 OT, Feb. 9), which was just outside the national polls (29th) at the time of the game.
• Michigan has recorded two victories over top-10 teams for the second time in its last two seasons. U-M has defeated No. 9 Minnesota (83-75) on the road and No. 10 Ohio State (76-74, OT) at Crisler Center. Last
season, U-M defeated No. 9 Michigan State (60-59) and No. 6 Ohio State (56-51), both at Crisler Center.
• Michigan was the first program in the nation to reach the 20-win mark this season. U-M won its 20th game with a 68-46 victory over Northwestern (Jan. 30).
Trey Burke - G, Soph., 6-0, 190 - 18.6 ppg, 6.9 apg
Tim Hardaway Jr. - G, Jr., 6-6, 205 - 15.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg
Nik Stauskas - G, Fr., 6-6, 190 - 12.2, 3.1 rpg
Glenn Robinson III - F, Fr., 6-6, 210 - 11.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg
Jordan Morgan - F, R-Jr., 6-8, 250 - 5.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg
Off the bench:
Mitch McGary - F, Fr., 6-10, 250 - 6.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg
Caris LeVert - G, Fr., 6-5, 170 - 2.6 ppg, 0.9 apg
Spike Albrecht - G, Fr., 5-11, 170 - 1.5 ppg, 1.6 apg
Series record: Illinois leads 85-75
Series streak: Michigan W4
Record @ Ann Arbor: Michigan W1
Series streak @ Ann Arbor: Michigan W1
Last meeting: No. 2 Michigan 74, Illinois 60 (Jan. 27 @ Champaign)
Groce vs. Michigan: 1-1
"Well looking back at some games that they played previously, they lost Minnesota and came back and beat them there. They lost to Northwestern and came back and beat them there. We're coming in with the mindset that they're trying to as many wins as they can and now against Michigan. We're trying to stay humble and aggressive like we've always been and try to play Michigan basketball." -- Tim Hardaway Jr.
"Illinois obviously is playing tremendous basketball right now. They were 2-7 and all they did was beat the No. 1 team in the country. They're playing really well and they have an impressive resume. They beat Gonzaga, Indiana and Ohio State. There are very few teams that can say they beat teams like that. They're a senior-laden team that has been through a lot and is going to give us a great game. We better play really well." - Michigan coach John Beilein
Michigan team info: