's Jared Odrick
has been named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and Defensive Lineman of the Year by the conference coaches.
Interestingly enough, Odrick, who was also a first-team All-Conference selection at defensive tackle, was named to the second team by the media team.
Odrick told the Big Ten Network he was surprised by the awards.
“I'm honored to receive both of those,” Odrick said. “There are so many great players in the Big Ten who deserves these awards and I'm just honored to be [seen as] a good player in the Big Ten.”
Other Nittany Lions honored by the conference include:
• Quarterback Daryll Clark, running back Evan Royster, center Stefen Wisniewski and linebacker Navorro Bowman all earned first-team All-Conference honors from the coaches and media.
• Offensive tackle Dennis Landolt won first-team notice from the coaches and second-team honors from the media.
• Linebacker Sean Lee and punter Jeremy Boone captured second-team honors from the media and coaches.
• Linebacker Josh Hull gained second-team notice from the media and honorable-mention laurels from the coaches.
• Tight end Andrew Quarless won honorable-mention honors from the coaches and media.
• Other Lions landing on the media honorable-mention list included safety Drew Astorino, defensive end Jack Crawford, receiver Derek Moye and defensive tackle Ollie Ogbu.
• Lee also won a sportsmanship award from the conference.
Big Ten coaches tab the Nittany Lion tackle as the best defender in the conference. Clark, Royster, Bowman lead the list of the other PSU players honored.
Big Ten coaches tab the Nittany Lion tackle as the best defender in the conference.